Depending on the type of water heater you have, it's reasonable to expect it to last at least for the average duration of its lifespan. This range is 8-10 years for conventional water heaters and 20 years or more for tankless units. One of the most effective, affordable, and convenient ways to get the most use and life out of your water heater is to call on a plumber in Oildale, CA, from The Plumbing Doc whenever you need repairs.
Types of Water Heaters
Gas and electric tank-based or traditional water heaters remain a fairly common option today. Another increasingly popular type is a tankless water heater. Highly efficient, tank-free units only provide hot water when it's needed, which reduces water waste and improves reliability. There are solar and hybrid water heaters available today as well.
Common Issues Water Heaters Have
Our experienced team has seen every issue that may affect a water heater at one time or another. Therefore, odds are good we can diagnose and solve any problem through our range of water heater services. The more common issues you might have with your water heater include:
- Leaks - With tankless units, leaks can occur within parts that carry water. In standard water heaters, leaks may come from the tank itself or connecting parts. A faulty pressure relief valve can also contribute to leaks.
- Temperature issues - Water heater temperature can be affected by a thermostat or by a pilot light or ignition problem. Wiring issues may contribute to this problem as well.
- Noisy operations - Sediment buildup is the most common reason for odd noises coming from your unit when it's operating. This is a problem often mitigated with annual flushing.
- Reduced water quality - If you have a conventional water heater, issues with water quality are often a sign that the tank is corroded. This often happens when the anode rod wears away.
Symptoms to Look Out For
Another way to avoid the need for an urgent water heater replacement is to know what symptoms of a problem to look out for. One of the more noticeable ones is a sudden lack of hot water. A water heater in need of repair may also run out of hot water much sooner than what's typical. Other symptoms of a problem that should be reason enough to contact us include:
- Water leaking from the tank
- Rusty or discolored water coming out faucets
- Popping, crackling, or other unusual sounds during operation
- Unusual temperature fluctuations
Benefit from Our Water Heater Services
Knowing for sure whether water heater installation or repair is the better option for your needs is one of the top benefits of our prompt, affordable services. Additionally, you'll benefit from having access to hot water that's cleanly and consistently delivered. When you reach out to our team, you'll also benefit from fair prices, discount options, and 24/7 availability if urgent service is needed.
Contact Our Experts Today
The Plumbing Doc has the resources required to meet your needs and expectations with water heater repair in Oildale, CA. We'll dispatch a certified technician to your home or place of business ASAP to ensure access to hot water and restore your peace of mind. Contact us today to benefit from our services. Feel free to call our team or fill out the form to schedule an appointment.